RTÉ.ie is the number one multi-media news site in Ireland and the fourth highest ranking site in Ireland, behind Google, Facebook and YouTube. This is according to the latest independent research from Kantar Media’s Target Group Index (TGI).
- RTÉ.ie is Ireland’s No. 1 multi-media news site
- RTÉ.ie is Ireland’s 4th largest website (after Google, Facebook and You Tube)
- RTÉ’s digital products reach 43% of all online users weekly (aged 15+)
- 43% are ABC1
- 46% are Millennials
- 60% of RTÉ News Now App users are ABC1
- RTÉ Player is the No.1 broadcaster VOD service in IrelandThe research also shows that RTÉ’s digital properties, including RTÉ.ie, RTÉ Player and Apps, reached over 1.128 million adults (aged 15+) in the past week, reaching (43%) of those online in the past week.
Of the 1.128 million adults, audience reach across RTÉ’s online properties, over 43% are ABC1s, while 46% are Millennials.
The same research also found that RTÉ Player is the No.1 broadcaster VOD service in Ireland with 566,000 adults accessing the service in the last 7 days.
Commenting on the independent Kantar Media TGI Findings, Conor Mullen, Commercial Director of RTÉ Media Sales – Digital said “The performance across RTÉ’s digital products demonstrates the strong reach with key consumer groups: 43% of users are ABC1, 46% are Millennials and 38% are Main Shopper Parents. RTÉ.ie secures position again as the multi-media news website of choice for users in Ireland. RTÉ Player has shown strong growth and is positioned as the No.1 broadcaster VOD service in Ireland and also No.1 for Live TV services in Ireland. This market leading offering for advertisers and media planners provides important insights into current consumer behaviour.”